The MassMutual Data Science and Advanced Analytics Group in the Customer Experience Organization is seeking an outstanding individual to be a member of the product management team. The successful candidate will work with data scientists, engineers and enterprise stakeholders to help identify, develop and deliver innovative, data-driven systems aimed at transforming the insurance industry.
Within the Advanced Analytics team, the role of the Strategic Analytics Consultant is focused on building strong relationships with business partners to assist in identification of new data science projects as well as leading execution of multiple projects. The individual will deliver on multiple internal team projects as well as execute on multiple externally facing data science projects. This involves working with subject matter experts to gain a comprehensive understanding of business processes, documenting current state processes and developing ways to use data to drive decisions. On this team, the expectation of the role of the consultant includes being adept at problem solving, effectively communicating and structured thinking.
- Lead broad external projects that have medium to long-term focus
- Dive deep into unknown business processes with the goal of improvement and driving change with data
- Engage with customers and partners across the enterprise
- Mentor junior team members
- Serve as a conduit of knowledge between functional (external) and technical (internal) teams
- Communicate regularly with individuals both within and outside of our team
- Learn to be comfortable with ambiguity
- Own resource planning, timelines, and roadmapping for data products
Desired Skills, Experience, and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree Preferred)
- 5+ years of product management, consulting or strategic-based work experience
- Excellent organizational, analytical and influencing skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships
The MassMutual Data Engineering Group in the Customer Experience Organization is seeking an outstanding individual to be a member of the enterprise data platform team. The successful candidate will work with data scientists, engineers, product managers, and enterprise stakeholders to help deliver innovative, data-driven systems aimed at transforming the insurance industry.
The successful applicant will be expected to quickly learn new cutting-edge technologies, technical concepts, and complex problem spaces. Current projects include:
- The design and implementation of the enterprise data platform, a very large data processing and analytics system.
- Advanced distributed analytics workflows on Hadoop/Spark
- Using Python, Java and Scala/Spark to integrate, manage and analyze multi-terabytes of diverse financial and life insurance data
- Building pipelines to clean, prepare, and enrich data and ultimately integrate into a consolidation layer presented to customers and enterprise stakeholders.
- Working closely with a team of highly skilled data scientists to analyze and develop predictive data products that advance and transform MassMutual’s businesses.
The applicant must possess a solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including database fundamentals, distributed algorithms, data structures, and functional programing.
- Work with a team to develop creative and scalable solutions to difficult technical problems
- Be self-supportive in collaborating with your peers to effectively deliver robust solution for the business
- Stay current on other trends and technologies in the field and be a force for disseminating that information throughout the organization
- Work with data scientists to architect and build systems that use Machine Learning Data Analysis techniques
- Develop reliable data pipelines that convert data into features that can be used to train machine learning models
- Analyze, characterize and understand data sources, participate in design discussions and provide guidance about database technology best practices
- Write tested, robust code that can be quickly moved into production
Desired Skills, Experience and Education
- Advanced degree in Computer Science
- 3 years of related hands-on experience building large scale software and data systems
- Experience designing and implementing creative solutions to difficult data processing problems.
- Experience in building large scale database systems with emphasis on performance and near real-time data analytics
- Experience in Data Modeling and Database Design
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical leadership skills
- Strong understanding and practice of agile software development processes
- Strong experience with Python, Scala, Spark and Hadoop
- Experience with distributed data processing and management systems
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- 8 years of experience in software development and engineering role preferred
- Experience in AWS cloud technologies and stack
- Experience with polyglot databases, NoSQL, RDBMS and other new SQL
- Experience with data mining techniques
- Experience in the insurance and financial industries